Title: Senior Property Underwriter / underwriting Specialist
Location: Downtown (Work from home for time being)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Risk assessment, PML evaluation, rating, and coverage analysis of portfolio property risks within the limits and current underwriting guidelines
- Authorizes and accepts property risks, including Boiler & Machinery and Course of Construction
- Maintains knowledge and expertise on the company pricing programs.
- Offers alternative structures, terms and conditions on risks/accounts which are presented at terms less than acceptable to the company.
- Provides information and advice to underwriters on matters within your competence.
- Reviews and assesses engineering reports on technically difficult new and/or existing accounts prior to submission.
- Reviews and approves manuscript policy wordings (draft or final) and provides the client underwriter on any noted deficiencies with recommendations and/or comments for wording improvement.
- Assesses and approves risk changes on existing accounts.
- Performs reviews on our property book and company’s Property MGA portfolio when delegated.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with contacts
- Advises of new sources of business that fits into the business plan.
- Promotes the company’s services and facilities.
- Prepares department’s quarterly Action Plan reports, and other reports as may be assigned.
- Monitors market conditions and the activities of existing and potential clients.
- Prepares and performs presentations/seminars for our clients
- Ensures that timely and efficient service is provided to our clients through personal contact and correspondence with underwriters.
- Ensures files, records and documents are purged, up-to-date, orderly and easily accessible.
- Keeps up to date with pricing programs.
- Prepares reports as may be required.
- Provides input and/or suggestions to improve the underwriting worksheets, on-line systems and department procedures.
- Work closely with MGA Team leaders.
- Maintains business rapport with existing MGAs through market visits and develops new desirable sources of business.
- Handles and documents all special acceptances and performs/ documents underwriting reviews.
- Markets and promotes the products and services to existing and potential MGA customers.
- Ensures that fast and efficient service is provided to clients.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ Years of Commercial Property Underwriting experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Underwriting knowledge of Casualty and personal lines is preferred
- Strong at Building and maintaining strong relationships with MGA’s and Broker partners
- CIP preferred
- Experience in marketing and customer service
- Ability to handle multiple project simultaneously
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.