Director of Underwriting, Commercial Lines
Leadership & Technical Expertise,
As the Director, Underwriting, Commercial Lines you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of Underwriting actions that support the Commercial Lines team. The successful candidate will create and lead our Quality Assurance program to ensure consistency in the underwriting decision approach, process and documentation.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible to lead and manage audit recommendations and actions.
- Manage and define Underwriting Authority documentation.
- Responsible for management of the Internal Audit recommendation and Quality Assurance plans and establishing a process to leverage learnings for the Commercial Lines team.
- Reviewing and updating the company’s risk guidelines to support the growth strategy and ensuring its alignment with Reinsurance Treaty approach.
- Leading and developing Commercial Underwriting Guidelines and tools to support their growth strategy.
- Responsible to identify and manage loss trends, document risks, identify controls, and provide Underwriting Guidance for the Commercial Lines team.
- Leading and collaborating with Actuarial in building a sophisticated pricing approach.
- Responsible to lead and manage the Commercial Lines teams treaty and facultative needs.
- Being a member of the Commercial Leadership Team.
- Minimum 10 -15 years with Commercial (Property, Casualty and Automobile) Underwriting experience.
- Minimum education: Post secondary education in an insurance program or any business. Has attained their FCIP designation.
- Experienced with leadership, coaching and mentoring individuals.
- Strong technical, communication and collaboration skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.