Commercial Lines Auto Underwriter
Work from Home Opportunity
• Assessing, accepting, and declining submissions, within assigned underwriting authority.
• Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating, and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
• Determine eligibility for policy renewals based on guidelines and retention goals of the company.
• Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
• Assist with interpretation of rating procedures, wordings, underwriting policies and regulations.
• Review underwriting requests, providing support to brokers confirming the correct rate and clarifying or explaining underwriting rules to ensure they are applied accurately.
• Understanding of and ability to read/interpret auto policy wordings.
• Maintain awareness of market trends and pricing levels.
• Coaching, training, and mentoring junior and intermediate underwriters by sharing knowledge and skills.
What You Bring to This Role
• 2-3 years’ Commercial auto underwriting experience in medium to complex risks
• Experienced in Fleet and Garage underwriting
• University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
• CIP Designation, in progress or willing to obtain
• Ability to develop and maintain positive partnerships with our broker partners
• Proficient underwriting skills, sound judgement, decision making and analytical ability
• High degree of collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Proficient presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.