Your New Company
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody with an entrepreneurial mindset to be a part of an exciting new team who will be embarking on launching a new insurance product. This will be a challenging yet rewarding role that will lead to further progression in the team and company. This company provide an excellent work environment and have won awards for it in the past. They promote a collaborative and progressive work environment where new ideas are always welcomed.
Excellent salary, benefits, and flexible working on offer!
Please reach out for more information.
- Investigate and resolve inquiries from digital channels where a more in-depth underwriting skillset is required
- Use an expert assessment of risk with creative thinking and a solutions-based approach
- Provide guidance to the support staff and help them provide a high level of service/advice to clients
- Liase across various departments when required e.g. Claims
- Responsible for escalating complex or risky issues, questions to the senior manager.
- Provide an escalation path for all small business insurance underwriting inquiries.
- Examine the existing book of business for risk quality and loss performance. Sets renewal terms and working closely with the teams to understand and address risk questions when necessary.
- Make recommendations for improvements to underwriting rules
- Analyze data and reports to understand performance of small business insurance and make recommendations for new data and reports
- 5+ years' experience in commercial underwriting
- CIP designation or working towards CIP
- Critical thinking skills, ability to make important decisions, work independently, entrepreneurial, highly organized, problem solving skills and a customer service outlook, excellent communication
- Professional liability underwriting experience an asset.
- Insurance Level 2 or 3 license an asset
- Understanding of actuarial concepts and insurance pricing
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Paul Mulcahy at 778-383-9790 ext 101 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.