As a Customer Service Representative you are responsible for developing a strong working relationship with your assigned consultant/s and the portfolio’s assigned clients. You will work with the consultant and our insurance carrier representatives to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our client service standards. You are an integral part of building and maintaining relationships with both clients and our insurer partners and service providers.
What will you do?
- Partner with the consultant/s to retain assigned book of business by providing superior service and promptly troubleshooting client complaints, responding to inquiries, assisting complex claims and providing direction and administration of client’s benefits plans
- Reviewing, processing and preparing client reports for new business, renewals, updates and marketing in accordance with applicable reporting schedules and reporting templates
- Develop requests for proposals to insurer markets, evaluate proposals, and prepare spreadsheet comparisons and other analyses
- Ensure the timely delivery of client presentations for potential clients as well as existing ones.
- Complete renewal presentations which will illustrate the group’s claims experience, current plan design, renewal rate action, trends and patterns and make consultant recommendations.
- Developing client communications including, presentations, memos and email announcements, etc. as needed
- Accurate maintenance of client records in agency management system EPIC and on the client network drive
- Review issued contracts, policies, and plan information for accuracy
- Facilitate carrier training and support for clients
- Verify accuracy of premium transactions issued by companies, including commission; assist in resolution of billing issues
- Peer review of renewals and experience reports as needed
- Assist with special projects in the office as requested
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Superior communications skills both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage numerous tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure, against deadlines and with little supervision.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work with multiple team members on multiple clients
- Excellent customer service skills
Why Lawrie Insurance Group?
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Company pension plan and optional RRSP
- Education and career development support
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Positive work culture and environment
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Fun team environment with family-like atmosphere
About Lawrie Insurance Group
Founded in 1982 and now ranked in the top 5% of brokerages in Canada, LIG is a privately owned and operated insurance brokerage with over 100 employees specializing in all areas of personal and corporate property/casualty insurance, employee benefits, financial services and group retirement products. We are a fiercely independent insurance brokerage with no financial ties to any of our insuring partners, allowing us to be truly objective in the meeting the needs of our clients. Our relationship with our insuring partners are solid and we represent over 60 Canadian and International insurance companies giving us full access to aligning clients with the right insurer for the long-term. Our success over the past 30+ years has been built by the amazing people at LIG and the relationships of trust that are built with clients and the community as a whole.
We offer a work environment that is described by our clients, insurers and employees as being fun, challenging, stimulating, fast paced and highly professional.
Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity.
Lawrie Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.