Underwriting Manager/ SR Underwriter
• Coach a team of Underwriting Analysts throughout the underwriting process
• Review and approve Analyst risk assessments and proposed terms and conditions
• Analyze complex corporate and financial structures
• Represent the company as the subject matter expert for the Underwriting Group at Licence Appeal Tribunal Hearings
• Lead new applicant technical interviews for proposed high-rise condominium projects.
• Lead meetings with vendors and builders as needed
• Manage escalated files and escalate to Director as required
• Underwrite and conduct post-mortem reviews on complex files
• Collaborate with leaders of other departments to resolve complex issues
• Conduct documented mid-year and year-end performance review for direct reports.
• Assess staff performance as required
• Mentor staff and provide appropriate support for career goals and professional growth via periodic one-on-one coaching sessions
• University degree or College graduate
• 6-10 years’ experience in Underwriting
• 1-3 years’ experience in a leadership or mentorship role
• Proven analytical skills, with the ability to analyse complex financial structures
• Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Passion for coaching, development, and leadership
• People-focused approach
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple priorities
• Excellent diplomacy, interpersonal, and customer service skills
• Ability to deal with stress and pressure from both internal and external clients
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to deal with situations of conflict and negative confrontations
• Ability to deal with challenging communications with principals/directors of vendors/builders in connection with their terms and conditions of registration
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong communication skills: verbal and written
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.