Commercial Account Executive, Small Business
McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of eighteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and procuring new business and renewals on an assigned group of small business accounts. Provide ongoing service, cross sell and up sell to existing clients.
- Evaluate client needs and provide risk management and insurance advice in the interests of the client. Provide exemplary client service throughout the policy term, review renewals ensuring that coverage is continually updated to satisfy ongoing needs of clients, remarketing as required to meet retention goals established on an annual basis.
- Build lasting relationships with clients throughout the communities we serve.
- Prospect, solicit and place coverage for clients new to McFarlan Rowlands in order to meet New Business goals established on an annual basis.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Department, responsible for placing the risk with an appropriate market, obtaining and assisting in the completion of the proper application for insurance, arranging and collecting payment as per corporate policy, and forwarding the application to the insurance company in order to effect or complete the binding of coverage in a timely manner.
- Support clients with the claims process.
- Keep abreast of markets, new products, pricing, and opportunities.
- Maintain detailed records of all sales communications, contacts, and client activities within the broker management system
- Attend sales meetings and events as required.
- Other duties as required by management.
- 3 – 5 years of Commercial Insurance industry experience
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- RIBO Licensed
- CAIB or working towards an industry designation
- Well-developed communication, organizational and leadership skills
McFarlan Rowlands is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in this challenging