Bilingual insurance advisors – service (personal lines)
Our client, the first and only licensed insurance company in Canada to focus solely on pet insurance, is looking to add 4 bilingual insurance advisors - service to their team in Montreal and/or Winnipeg. If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it.
What can you expect in this role?
Do you just ADORE animals like I do? Are you passionate about promoting quality care and wellness for people’s pets? Do you want to be a part of a culture that’s transforming the perceived value of pet insurance? If you answered yes then I have just the opportunity for you!
- Assist customers with policy and claims-related inquiries.
- Up-sell/retain pet health insurance policies with existing customers.
- Respond to, advocate and resolve customer inquiries regarding policy details and claims, in collaboration with functional specialists in Customer Care, Claims and Underwriting.
- Capture notes on customer interactions using in-house system and following up with customers to obtain accurate information.
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance team on continuous improvement of service and sales protocols and standards.
- Recommend and up-sell policies, focusing on retention and growing the customer base to meet established targets and the customer’s needs.
- Promote and educate prospective customers via inbound, outbound and online programs.
What do you bring to the role?
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re well versed in navigating multiple computer programs at once.
- You’re committed to achieving individual and team goals.
- You have proven ability to recognize sales opportunities in a contact center environment.
- AMF personal lines license in Montreal and General Insurance License, Level 1 OR Level 2 is an asset for Winnipeg.
- Bilingual (English/French) required
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus.
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions.
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days.
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations.
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams.
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming).
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Discounts on products and services.
Interested candidates please contact Martine Coutu at 514-587-2508 or to email@example.com. I am looking forward to speaking with you.
About DGA Careers:
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.