My client is a very reputable independently owned mid-sized insurance brokerage that is looking to hire a Junior Commercial CSR for their Toronto Office.
Title: Jr Commercial Lines CSR
Location: Toronto (Work from home until further notice)
Assisting the House Account Executive with the management of the portfolio, comprised of new business and existing accounts, including:
- Following-up for, checking (correcting where necessary) and processing of new business as ordered.
- Responsibility for renewal list; i.e., ordering renewals from Insurers by 60 days prior to renewal; anticipating requests for updated information and/or applications; completing applications as fully as possible and requesting additional information from client as necessary; negotiating with Insurers to obtain the best possible terms of coverage
- For Portfolio Transfers: Providing updated underwriting information and other documentation to new market as agreed under terms of transfer, within 60 days prior to renewal, and consulting with the account executive as required.
- For Programs: Quoting and issuing policy documentation in accordance with procedures for each program; monthly reporting of program business to insurers.
- Sending liability certificates for ALL auto renewals if documents not received within 10 days of expiry, and binders issued and (where premiums are known) invoices for all renewals if documents are not received within 10 days of expiry. ALL premiums for the calendar month to be invoiced prior to month-end.
- Processing of Renewals, including Reviewing Documents for Errors, Payment Letters as required, Summaries, Invoices and Correspondence with client
- Responding to Customer / Insurer queries & requests: e.g., underwriting questions, documenting Statements of Values, questions regarding alternatives
- Issuing certificates of insurance as requested, with copies sent to Insurer and file
- Responding to Lienholder/Lessor/Mortgagee requests for copies of insurance policies
- Providing copies of subscription policy documents to subscribing Insurers
- Updating summaries and screens on an ongoing basis
- Detailed documentation of all calls, correspondence and transactions in system Activities and/or file; updating and maintaining screens as accurately as possible; entering Lost Business cancellation coding; moving cancelled policies to History and requesting deletion as appropriate
- Providing back-up, not only for producers, but also for other Commercial Lines Account Specialists and Claims representatives, by taking necessary information from callers / visitors
- Contributing to and maintaining professional atmosphere and appearance of the office
- Participating in continuing education programs, as available
- Participating fully as a team member, to continuously improve all aspects of customer service
- Other duties as needed and requested by management.
- 1+ year of commercial lines experience
- RIBO License in good standing
- TAM and PolicyWorks experience or the ability to learn quickly
- Service Oriented
- Problem Solver
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.