Totten Insurance Group is expanding their claims team and we are looking for a strong Claims Coordinator to work in either our Totten Oakville or Toronto Office. We are looking for someone that can work under limited direction, strong attention to detail, multitasking skills and ability to work with deadlines effectively. This role involves data entry, validation of information, running loss runs reports, managing cheque requests, accounts receivable reconciliation, Bordeaux duties and interaction with key stakeholders.
Choose a career with Totten Insurance Group and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining Totten Insurance Group, you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers opportunities for advancement and growth. Totten Insurance Group is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Setting up new claims in TAM broker management system
- Confirming and updating TAM with adjuster assign details and claim number
- Advising Underwriters of new claim submissions
- Ensuring that all subscribers are advised of new claim
- Maintaining reserves in TAM (including noting and attaching subrogation and cheques)
- Monitoring Large loss notifications and advising Underwriters and Executive Management
- Scanning of all opening and closing notices and attaching to TAM
- Closing of all files ensuring that fees/payments from all subscribes are recorded to TAM before closing
- Handling all incoming calls from brokers, Third Party Administrators (TPA), and/or Underwriters assisting with queries.
- Formal Loss runs from TAM to brokers
- Loss Runs from TAM where required
- Contacting Adjusters/TPAs for current status on file i.e. payment/reserves etc.
- Completing and sending off E&O forms to HUB Corporate for all SOC where Totten is named and advise Executive Management
- Providing TPAs/Adjusters/Brokers with wordings
- Processing all cheque requests received from TPA. Enter requests in TAM, ensuring reserves are updated and send off activity to Accounting.
- Entering all payments in Lineage if it is a scheme Canada contracts ensuring that all reserves and updated in lineage
- Following up with Lloyds on all payments still pending approval on Lineage
- Entering in all scheme advances in Lineage and contact Lloyds to seek approval from the system
- Ensuring that the payment is linked in lineage once the funds have arrived and seek Underwriter approvals
- Seeks approval on all cheques
Reconciliation of Working Paper
- Assisting Finance with reconciliation of working paper. i.e. ensuring that all stale dated cheques are followed up on, all outstanding payments have been requested and that all payment entered on Lineage have been approved
- Works with accounting to ensure that the bordereaux and accounting slip match. Ensuring accurate completion from Underwriting Assistant and create summary and send off to Lloyds
- Reporting all E&O claims to Claims Director for further action/oversight
- Maintaining updated claims spreadsheet
- Attaching all related email/documents pertaining to the claim
- Post-Secondary School education or equivalent training and experience
- 1-2 years’ administration or processing experience
- Desire for an insurance career
- Working towards a CIP Designation
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal including presentations
- Strong time management skills, goal oriented, and self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with TAM or Policy Works broker management systems an asset
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educated risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Providing a diversified suite of customized insurance products and programs, Totten Group is committed to delivering best in class insurance solutions that are not readily available in the marketplace. Totten Group supports over 2,000 independent brokers throughout Canada and is comprised of five divisions including Commercial Casualty, Commercial Property, Hospitality, Personal Lines and Professional Liability. For a complete list of office locations and more information, please visit: www.tottengroup.com