Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
Salvatore Insurance (A HUB International Company) is looking for a dynamic and results oriented Account Manager to join their growing practice in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia. This role will develop sales of our products and manage business accounts specialized in Property and Casualty insurance. This is an ideal role for someone with strong experience with small to mid-sized commercial accounts or someone with personal lines experience who is looking to move into commercial insurance.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Manage an assigned book of business
- Effective communication with commercial clients.
- Creating effective strategies to address client transactions, negotiations and ability to lead discussions.
- Review Coverage: terms, definitions, and exclusions.
- Independently or in partnership with an Account Associate, ensure timely and accurate renewal of all policies; requires face to face renewal visits
- Attend offsite networking events to establish new relationships and maintain existing ones; generate new business leads
- Following up with prospective clients and submit new applications for policy issuance
- Act as primary point of contact on accounts; responsible for maintaining key client and insurer relationships
- Negotiate with insurers on coverage and price so as to best meet the needs of the client
- Collect premiums from clients in a timeline pursuant to HUB standards
- May supervise, mentor and verify the work of junior staff
- Advocate for clients during claims process
- Marketing: Identifies the client or prospects’ circumstances and placing their deal in the marketplace.
Qualification and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education or equivalent work experience
- Insurance licensed in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI
- CIP, CAIB, or CRM Designation considered an asset
- Commercial brokerage experience with small to mid-market accounts desired
- Experience with TAM or other broker management systems
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Resourceful researching skills
- Analytical and strong decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial insurance industry trends
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes “ Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.