Executive Solutions, Product Leader
AVP level opportunity
Looking for a SME in D&O
based downtown Toronto
Our Client is searching for an Executive Solutions (Directors’ & Officers Liability / Fidelity) Product Leader. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President Specialty Insurance Solutions, the successful applicant to this newly created role will be passionate and results oriented with the capability to build upon and help lead our Executive Solutions business. In addition, the successful applicant will work with the Senior Vice President in working with regulators and conducting Enterprise Risk Management processes as required.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
• An innovative mindset for delivering thorough solutions
• An entrepreneurial, self-motivated approach
• Passion for excellence and detail orientation
• A focus on collaboration and teamwork
• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication
• An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
• Proven ability to think analytically, conceptually, and systematically in order to resolve problems quickly and accurately
• A capacity to synthesize information and implement solutions, exercising flexibility and sound judgment
• Strong execution and planning skills as well as management and organizations skills
In collaboration with the Steering Committee, manage the Executive Solutions product lines: Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, Employment Practices, Fiduciary Liability, Fidelity, Kidnap & Ransom.
o Research/review/recommend underwriting strategy/direction/pricing
o Product development: Draft policy wordings/endorsements and application forms (including liaising with legal counsel for review of products)
o Collaborate with underwriting team to ensure consistent application of frameworks nationally
o Work with the underwriting team to develop training programs that support the development of underwriting skills
o Work with Marketing, Systems and Claims to co-ordinate the deliverables that will ensure division success o Collaborate with the Programs & OnLine Solutions group on product development
• Ensure broker visibility through training and promotion of the product line at industry seminars and events • File over authority reviews
• Collaborate with other lines of business to ensuring effective cross sell between product areas
• Maintain and build broker relationships; further the division’s growth through networking/marketing with brokers, clients, consultants, lawyers, and represent our client at various industry related functions
• Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant industry trends and their impact on products offered
• Implement and monitor effective Enterprise Risk Management Controls
• Work with the Regional Leaders in managing potential MGA relationships. Includes: file review, program structure, underwriting documentation
• Travel within Canada required
• Minimum 7-10 years of experience in specialty lines, with a focus on Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, Employment Practices, Fiduciary Liability, Fidelity and Kidnap & Ransom
• Completion of RPLU/CIP or FCIP designation
• Bachelor degree or post-secondary education in business, communication, marketing, or insurance preferred • Proficiency in Excel, Word,
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.