CURIE (Canadian Universities Reciprocal Insurance Exchange) located in Burlington, Ontario delivers cost effective property and liability insurance and risk management services to its members - Canadian post-secondary institutions in 9 provinces across the country.
CURIE is seeking a full-time Senior Analyst - Accounting and Finance to join their team on a permanent basis in this new role. The ideal candidate is an organized, attention to detail, process oriented, self-starter who has a stong finance/accounting foundation with insurance industry experience that is capable of managing multiple projects with accuracy. This position reports to the VP, Finance & Operations, and is responsible for providing a broad range of insurance accounting, finance, and administrative expertise.
- Complete all aspects of financial reporting including: monthly financial working papers; quarterly financial reports; annual financial statements; P&C-1 returns
- Prepare and maintain all instruments of regulatory compliance including: licensing; statutory reporting; preparation and remittance of premium tax returns; statistical plan compliance reporting
- Liaise with primary service providers including: appointed auditor; appointed actuary; investment manager; banking
- Maintaining various insurance & financial reporting schedules in Excel including: investments; premiums; claims
- Liaise with investment and audit committees of the Advisory Board
- Oversee Accounts Payable /Accounts Receivable/Invoicing
- Banking and cash management
- Bank Reconciliations
- Engage in special projects as required
Must have advanced Excel skills, specifically advanced formulas & pivot tables
Must have advanced Word skills, specifically experience with mail merge function
Must have excellent written & verbal communication skills
Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience using Sage (or comparable accounting software)
Education & Experience:
Post secondary diploma/degree
Minimum 8 years accounting experience
Minimum 2 years commercial insurance industry experience preferred
At CURIE, our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our guiding principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
If this opportunity is right for you, please email your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.