Title: Underwriter, A&E and Construction E&O
Location: Remote office can be anywhere in Canada
- Develop and underwrite a profitable A&E portfolio with a focus on mid-market to large risk
- Structure tailor-made solutions by considering the team underwriting parameters and underwriting policy and using underwriting knowledge and experience to win new business and retain existing.
- Monitor premiums, costs and claims ratios per contract and take corrective measures if necessary to ensure long term profitability at account level.
- Evaluate appropriate risk premium by considering the risk costs, reinsurance cessions, capital exposure as well as the underwriting and general administration costs to ensure profitability, using rating models as applicable.
- Develop a good working relationship with the claims managers on this class of business.
- Develop and foster relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 brokers.
- Advise, assist and service clients on insurance and risk matters to ensure clients’ satisfaction.
- Foster positive relationships with clients to get a mutual understanding of both their and the company’s needs.
- Maintenance of good business relationships with brokers.
- Maintain awareness of overall Company product range and take advantages of opportunities to introduce other products to clients.
- Leverage networking opportunities within the business
- Develop best practice and disseminate business and class knowledge within the team.
- Presentation of continuing education material to brokers and insureds
- Post-secondary education
- Proficient underwriting or broking experience within the Architects, Engineers or Construction lines of business
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize
- Excellent business development skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Results focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to interact successfully with managers/colleagues/external suppliers
- Team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- Customer focused, with a strong ethic of service and fairness to the customer
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, RRSP and generous bonus
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.