HOWARD MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY is currently seeking energetic and highly motivated sales- oriented individuals to our dynamic team. This position is best suited for individuals that have excellent customer service skills, hands-on sales experience, demonstrated successful networking and is looking for a career in a thriving and supportive workplace.
HOWARD MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY is a well-established local mutual insurance company with locations in Ridgetown and Blenheim, Ontario, offering a rewarding and team focused environment. We pride ourselves on giving back to our community, providing exemplary service to our customers, and offering our employees opportunities for ongoing training and development. We provide a competitive compensation program which includes a comprehensive benefit and pension package.
The selected candidate will be responsible to provide services to new and existing clients/policyholders by selling/renewing property, farm, auto, commercial and other insurance products authorized to sell. This role will calculate premiums and establish payment methods, prepare new policies, renewals, endorsements and rewrites for existing policyholders.
The Agent will contact clients/policyholders to explain policies, analyze insurance programs and suggest additions/changes when necessary. The position will promote Howard Mutual through community events and supporting area programs.
- Post-secondary school education or equivalent training and experience
- Currently holds or has the ability to pass the Ontario Agent Licensing exam and requirements
- Natural communicator who excels at networking and building lasting relationships
- Has a professional demeanor and superior business development and prospecting skills
- Ability to determine solutions for policyholders through a consultative sale approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Office 365, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other software applications
- Motivation for sales and selling to policyholder’s needs
- Results orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Able to determine solutions for policyholders through a consultative sale approach
- Encompassing Howard Mutual Insurance Company’s mission, vision, and core values
- Demonstrate aptitude for problem solving
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License
If you feel this is the job for you, please apply in confidence to Human Resources at HR@howardmutual.com. Preference will be given to applicants with insurance experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and employment process, as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
For more information about Howard Mutual Insurance, please visit our website or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn