We are working with one of Canada’s leading insurance companies who looking to hire a Commercial Lines Underwriter to join their Vancouver team. The ideal candidate is a sharp, intelligent, motivated individual who will thrive in a dynamic work environment and has the drive to advance in their career.
Title: Commercial Lines Underwriter
Location: Vancouver BC, Work from home until further notice
- Build and maintain effective business results
- Design and deliver underwriting products that meet standards for customer satisfaction, profit, use of capital, people, systems and risk.
- Manage risk through accurate analysis and diagnosis and the development of sound specifications.
- Detect, investigate and diagnose exposures and to avoid/minimize their business effects: underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management.
- Manage brokers, including performance monitoring, new appointments and cancellations.
- Develop business, including marketing initiatives through working relationships with brokers, insureds, local authorities, and local business and community associations
- University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent insurance experience
- CIP designation completed or in progress
- 3+ years of commercial property & casualty underwriting experience
- Overall experience and exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance
- Demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery as well as management and managing local brokerage plans
- Possess sound technical underwriting judgment
- Effective and professional negotiation, selling, and advocating skills
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, pension plan, bonus and more
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.