HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
The Commercial Private Equity Practice in Toronto is looking for a strong team player to effectively manage the account workflow. This role involves working closely with the Assistant Vice President, Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions. This requires someone with strong time management, exceptional attention to detail and effective support experience. This is a diverse role providing client service, market negotiations, team administration and office administration support. This is an ideal role for a well-organized and detail-oriented commercial broker that will go the extra mile to support our valued Private Equity clients.
Benefits for being in this position are: excellent exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
- Answering basic client inquiries, communicating with insurance companies
- Respond to third party information requests and /or request information from clients and underwriters
- Day to day activities for clients and prospects
- Managing renewal list distribution within Practice
- Preparation of client renewal packages (certificates, summaries, etc.)
- Calculating provincial taxes, preparing premium finance quotes, etc.
- Timely issuance and review of submissions, Invoices, binders, summaries, policies etc.
- Detailed policy proofing/ fact checking
- Invoicing / Account Receivables tracking and monthly budget reporting
- Managing abeyances and expiry dates /renewal cycle
- Focus on retaining and growing existing portfolios
- Supporting Account team by researching and analyzing client coverage trends and identifying areas of risk and opportunities along with solutions.
- Identifying new business or client up-sell/cross-selling opportunities
- Providing suggestions for continuous improvements in workflows and procedures for sales and service
- Forwarding submissions to underwriters and following up for responses
- Input data into computerized database and generating benchmarking reports
- Participating in industry networking functions, training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
- File management to HUB standards (policy documents, summaries, correspondence, etc.)
- Assist in collection to HUB standards
- Negotiation and use of Finance Plans
- Minimize DSO to HUB standards
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent work experience
- RIBO Licensed or willing to obtain within 3 months of employment
- Minimum 3-5 years of administrative support experience
- Prior experience as an Executive Assistant, Legal role an asset
- Experience in market negotiations on commercial policies an asset
- Strong ability to learn new systems i.e. legal software i.e. WORDSENSA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience on Smartsheet (team management software) . Training will be provided
- Experience on Epic or similar insurance management systems (training will be provided)
- Strong client management skills
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
To apply to this position, please click on the link: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Toronto-ON/Commercial-Lines-Account-Associate--Private-Equity_R0008320