Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
Our Commercial Professional Lines unit is looking for a dynamic and results oriented Account Manager to join their growing practice downtown Toronto or Markham. The ideal candidate possesses experience with Architects and Engineers all lines with emphasis on professional lines. This is an ideal role for someone who is hands on and capable of taking control of a mid-sized book of business. This is a great opportunity to work with cross functional teams and an opportunity to interact with various professional lines clients. This role will report to the Regional Vice President, Professional Practice.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Manage an assigned book of business
- Effective communication with commercial clients.
- Creating effective strategies to address client transactions, negotiations and ability to lead discussions.
- Coverage design/analysis: coverage triggers, definitions, exclusions, claims made treatment, and continuity
- Assume various roles dependent on account: marketing, account back up, lead broker etc.
- Marketing: Identifies the client or prospects’ circumstances and placing their deal in the marketplace.
- Participating in Underwriter conference calls and client meetings
- Helping clients select amongst competing quotes
- Participates in formal presentations at the C-Level
- Provides feedback for the annual budget planning process
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- RIBO Licensed
- CIP, FCIP or CRM Designation desired
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Commercial Property & Casualty
- Commercial brokerage experience in professional lines
- Experience with complex liability contracts and strong attention to detail
- Experience on Epic broker management system or other BMS
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Resourceful researching skills
- Analytical and strong decision making skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial insurance industry trends
- Some client visits will be required
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes “
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Please apply online: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Markham-ON/Commercial-Lines-Account-Manager--Professional-Lines-_R0008616