HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
The Cross Border Unit is looking for a dynamic and results oriented Account Manager to join our growing practice downtown Toronto. The ideal candidate possesses diverse Property & Casualty insurance experience, experience with local placements and cross border and an appetite to learn. This is an ideal role for someone who is hands on and interested in working in various capacities on accounts. This is a great opportunity to work with cross functional teams and an opportunity to interact with international broker partners, underwriters, and clients as part of your career development. This is an ideal role for someone in an Associate role ready for a career growth opportunity.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Effective communication with commercial clients and foreign broker partners
- Having broad local knowledge of the Canadian Insurance market and able to explain differences in local coverages to international clients and broker partners
- Coverage design/analysis: coverage triggers, definitions, exclusions, claims made treatment, and continuity and how they may be different in Canada
- Assume various roles dependent on account: marketing, account back up, lead broker etc.
- Marketing: Identifies the client or prospects’ circumstances and placing their deal in the marketplace.
- Account Backup: assisting foreign broker partner with local placement
- Lead Broker: placing standalone local policies for our international clients
- Provides feedback for the annual budget planning process
- Strong collaboration with the account team including coaching and mentoring
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- RIBO Licensed
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Commercial Property & Casualty
- Commercial brokerage experience
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with complex placements and strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Resourceful researching skills
- Analytical and strong decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial insurance industry trends
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking Integrity – doing things right every time Teamwork – working together to maximize results Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes “ Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.