Commercial Lines Broker
Paying Competitively, bonus, benefits and pension
As a Broker you will market and pre-underwrite specialty line accounts while recommending products and interpreting coverage. You will build strong relationships with distribution partners to ensure excellent client service.
What you’re responsible for:
- Marketing specialty line products and coverages to current and existing business who meet defined service standards.
- Reviewing and pre-underwriting accounts to ensure accuracy and eligibility while offering coverage solutions to distribution partners.
- Establishing professional relationships with key market underwriters to maintain knowledge of current industry trends and product knowledge to be advantageous in the marketplace.
- Supporting continuous improvement through a collaborative work environment, including providing constructive feedback and insights on products, tools, and resources.
- Maintaining and preparing reports, files and presentations while actively seeking out opportunities to support learning and growth.
To be successful:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
· You have three years of experience in a brokerage, agency or other insurance related experience within a specialty commercial business.
· You have a high school diploma.
· You have the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) designation or equivalent provincial license.
· You have working knowledge of Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance, specialty lines and marketing.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.