BCM is a policyholder owned, growth oriented property and casualty insurer serving the Niagara Region since 1880. Through personalized, local service it offers quality insurance products for home, farm, automobile and commercial through experienced insurance professionals and dedicated agents.
We are currently seeking to fill a new position in the recruiting of a Commercial Underwriter. This is a full-time position, which requires underwriting commercial policies. As a Mutual we are focused on building relationships with our policyholders and building a team spirit within our organization. We are looking for the right candidate to join the BCM Team!
• Primary duties include reviewing risks for acceptability, underwriting and processing new business, endorsements and renewals within established authority levels.
• Working collaboratively with the Underwriting manager and other colleagues
• Strong customer service skills
• 2 to 5 years of commercial underwriting experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical, organizational and negotiation skills are essential
• Preference for those candidates with a CIP designation or actively pursuing it
• Exposure to agribusiness is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the organization’s values, code of conduct, and business ethics
• Working directly with our growing sales team
• Working within a team environment, the applicant will accept business submissions, change requests, and policy renewals according to pre-determined criteria
• Handle sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and empathy
• Rating/Pricing of complex commercial risks using sound underwriting judgement
How to Contact Us
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience in confidence to:
BCM Insurance Company
Attention: Human Resources
Apply in strict confidence by August 31, 2021 to email@example.com.
BCM Insurance Company welcomes applications from all individuals. If you require special
accommodation during the application process, please let us know in your submission.