Based in Toronto
Global Reputable Insurer
Marine professional with demonstrated ability to generate and maintain profitable book of business in alignment with corporate vision and values.
• Underwrite, manage and develop marine portfolio, including special risks, in compliance with company guidelines for new and renewal business. In keeping with corporate strategies, analyze business submissions and negotiate terms; including but not limited to review of loss history, scope of company operations, financials and other relevant information.
• Management and execution of day-to-day processing of new and renewal policies including facilitating international placements and fulfillment of established business requirements.
• Assist with maintenance and establishment of broker relationships at national level as part of company marketing plans. Understanding and promotion of the company's marine capabilities including marketing calls to brokers, and prospective insureds as required by Marketing.
• Interaction and cooperation with other Lines of Business in order to ensure execution ofCommitment to provide superior customer service experience.
• Provide coaching / assistance to team members.
• Assistance with report preparation, presentations, and other special projects on as needed basis to aid in Marine unit success.
• Experience with freight forwarders/logistics industry would be an asset.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to collaborate and negotiate internally and externally.
• Demonstrated marketing capabilities.
• Energetic problem solver with ability to work effectively as part of a small team
• Some travel may be required nationally
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.