Growing insurance brokerage is looking for a team member who wants to grow with us.
Searching for an energetic, self-motivated, collaborative and organized professional to fill the position of a Commercial Insurance Broker. This licensed professional will service and grow an existing book of business and assist Producers with the servicing of their book of business, while developing relationships with underwriters, clients, and co-workers and other business contacts in order to support clients, prospects and the organization. Your positive outlook and ability to be creative, use strong judgment, professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with high profile needs, will be an asset in this role.
This position has the ability of growing to a Commercial Lines Producer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• to clearly explain coverage and limits to clients, discuss products to address needs and gaps in coverage
• to review policies and report/ utilize the claims service
• to resolve issues regarding client premiums, account reconciliation, gaps in coverage, and other issues as they arise
• round out accounts with other lines of business
• to obtain, explain, and exchange information with business representatives, clients, contractors/suppliers, representatives of professional agencies/governments, the general public, producers and other employees
• to prepare proposals, applications, evaluations, binders, certificates and liability slips
• to prepare renewal packages
• to create and modify complex spreadsheets
• to maintain database of client information
• to create and modify submissions, recommendations, policies, or coverage
• Attend training sessions and seminars as required
• Occasionally provide guidance, instruction, and direction for others
• Insurance companies
• Claims adjusters, automobile dealerships, lawyers, mortgage companies
• All employees
• RIB (Ontario) License required
• University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience required
• Insurance designations an asset
• MS Office applications
• In-house policy management systems
• Company/Insurer management systems
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Positive interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication
• High level of personal accountability, professionalism and confidentiality
• Ability to work independently
• Team Player
• Effective listening
• Positive Attitude
• Organization/Time management
• Problem solving/conflict management
• Policy Interpretation
• Professionalism & dedication to customer service excellence
• Ability to exercise sound judgement in the application of appropriate underwriting rules
• Ability to accept and embrace change
• 2-4 years insurance experience
• Office environment
• Participation in various insurance related activities (training, seminars, conventions)
• Participation in various community and/or client events
Acts to support the company’s mission and goals. Puts the needs and goals of the company before one’s own needs.
Remains constantly aware of changes in the insurance industry and uses this awareness to help the company evolve to work effectively in changing times.
Encourages others to see the value of teamwork and supports group decisions even if they differ from one’s own point of view.
Develops and maintains positive working relationships with all employees.
Demonstrates respect towards others and actively builds trust to promote a
confident and effective team