Senior Property Underwriter
Large Property - Manufacturing experience is ideal
Based downtown Toronto
Working within the Ontario Region General Property team in Toronto, the role of a market facing underwriter is to establish and foster broker and customer relationships while underwriting a profitable renewal portfolio of complex, large property customers with revenues between above $300M
Supported by a dedicated local team of Underwriting Assistants, Risk Engineers, International Service Specialists and an industry leading claims team, this is your opportunity to join a growing and highly successful organization.
• As a customer led organization, you must lead innovation and drive change by challenging the status quo
• Establish trusting relationships with brokers and customers in varying industry segments
• Build a pipeline of new business targets with assigned brokers.
• Strong decision-making skills and the ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
• Highly analytical and willing to further develop in technical risk areas
• Interpretation of risk engineering reports and risk recommendations issued
• Ability to utilize modern online underwriting tools, rating and modelling.
• Global CAT modelling and accumulation management
• International deal and structure management
• Primary / Excess layering
• Attention to detail with contract certainty on quotes and wordings issued.
• Manuscript and non-standard wording reviews in line with the company framework.
• Thorough documentation and completion of files, narratives, and systems
• Understanding of regional / local insurance markets and competitor landscape
• Strong organizational, deal management and negotiation skills
• Highly collaborative and proactively drive involvement of functional areas in the underwriting process, including risk engineering, claims, actuarial, finance, distribution and other lines of business.
• Minimum 5 years of demonstrated underwriting or broking experience within Property
• Completed or pursuing CIP designation
• Post-secondary education or equivalent industry training and experience
• Strong business acumen and communication skills.
• Intermediate to Advances Microsoft Office skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.