HOWARD MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY is excited to add to our dynamic team. We are currently looking to fill the role of Property Field Claims Adjuster. This position is well suited to an individual that has hands-on experience and is looking for a career in a thriving and supportive workplace.
HOWARD MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY is a well-established local mutual insurance company with locations in Ridgetown and Blenheim, Ontario, offering a rewarding and team focused environment. We pride ourselves on giving back to our community, providing exemplary service to our customers, and offering our employees opportunities for ongoing training and development. We provide a competitive compensation program which includes a comprehensive benefit and pension package.
The Property Field Claims Adjuster will be responsible to review, investigate and adjust lower complexity to moderate complexity claims. The selected candidate will analyze claims materials presented in conjunction with clients, agents, and third-party vendors to obtain accurate descriptions of potential losses. The Property Field Claims Adjuster will also ensure that adequate reserves are maintained on claim files in a timely manner and ensures compliance with large loss and reinsurance reporting file procedures.
- Postsecondary education or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of three years of related experience
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) course C11, C12, C13, C14, C32, C110, C111 an asset
- General knowledge of tort litigation regulations and procedures
- Familiarity with property damage scoping and estimating
- Knowledge of construction pricing and estimating techniques
- General knowledge and ability to analyze and assess property policy wordings and coverage, including business interruption
- General knowledge of claims adjustment prices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with insurance software
- Understanding of the mutual insurance system and its philosophy an asset
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Customer service skills
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to drive a vehicle to attend on-site loss investigations
If you feel this is the job for you, please apply in confidence to HR@howardmutual.com. Preference will be given to applicants with insurance experience. This position will be primarily remote while under social distancing mandates.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and employment process, as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
For more information about Howard Mutual Insurance, please visit our website or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn