Title: Branch Manager / Produiction Underwriter
Location: Toronto ON
- Underwrite new and existing property business by analyzing clients’ business operation, current coverage and previous claims experience to determine exposure and set appropriate terms and premiums
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to recording and measuring of insurance risks to ensure accuracy and good practice
- Strong customer service focus
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders including customers, brokers, business partners and colleagues
- Utilize knowledge of market dynamics and market cycles to operate effectively and appropriately
- Meet business objectives, including:
- negotiating rates, terms, and conditions for existing and new business and renewals
- managing production and issue contract certainty documentation within set timeframe.
- ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and guidelines
- ensuring contribution to the business plan and objectives
- Participate in the review and analysis of the portfolio to identify progress toward business objectives
- Contribute to the aggregate management and peer review processes to encourage and develop excellence.
- Minimum 5 years experience writing commercial property insurance; casualty and professional liability experience an asset.
- Post secondary education & CIP/FCIP qualified preferred
- Previous Management Position an advantage
- High level of technical competency in evaluating and writing large, complex accounts
- Knowledge of commercial property forms, pricing, and rating methodology, modeling and valuation tools
- Ability to review and understand standard property and casualty policy wordings
- Ability to analyse data and use for risk profiling and decision-making
- Market awareness and broker development acumen
- Thorough knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements
- Motivated, enthusiastic, dynamic, and flexible – willing to work in open concept environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Advanced level understanding of relevant software, including Excel and other
departmental software packages.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.