Position: Commercial Account Manager
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Work Location: Newmarket ON Office
Job Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Competitive compensation package
Health & Dental, Group RRSP, team development activities & staff recognition
Experience: 5-10 yrs + Commercial experience. RIBO Licensed. Technical Expertise, all Commercial Lines.
Other: Must be eligible to work in Canada
CAIB designation or working towards is considered an asset. TAM, Compu-Quote or Policy Works software an asset.
**Benson Kearley is also looking for a more junior level Personal Lines Account Manager to join their team
Company Profile & Position Summary
HR Options is recruiting for a reputable family insurance brokerage, Benson Kearley IFG, that has been in the industry since 1969. Benson Kearley IFG is looking for Account Managers to keep clients happy and informed by educating them on risk and responding to our clients needs in both a professional and in a timely manner.
The Commercial Servicing Team is client-focused, and efficiently manages the client relationship with the goal of retaining customers while cross-selling various products and maintaining a positive working relationship with all stakeholders (Underwriters/Account Executives/TSR). The Commercial Account Manager will handle and maintain a book of business, while contributing to maintaining the department’s minimum retention level of 90%.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
A successful Commercial Account Manager will perform all service functions of the commercial accounts in their designated portfolio and will:
- Work closely with Account Executives and TSR
- Successfully negotiate and process renewals (30+ days from renewal)
- Create Submission and Remarket (60-90 days)
- E&O/D&O renewal applications out (60 days in advance of renewal)
- Handling incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Answering questions clearly by using professional written communication skills
- Process claims & follow up 24hr/15 & 30 days with client and as needed
- Invoicing and maintaining account receivables (nothing over 45 days)
- Minimum 90% individual retention
- Keep both TAM and Policy Works up to date
- Work independently without supervision
Essential Skills for Success:
- Show confidence through strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong written communication skills that demonstrate industry knowledge and focus on solving customer problems, concerns and issues
- Strong negotiation skills with insurer
- A proactive approach and professional attitude fuelled by initiative
- Organizational skills and the independent ability to prioritize competing demands resulting in productive outcomes
- Independent, creative “out of the box” thinking that solves problems for clients and colleagues
- A positive attitude and collaboration with colleagues and team members
- Prioritization and excellent time management
- High attention to detail
- Follow through (to press on with an activity to a conclusion)
- RIBO licensed
- Technical Expertise, all Commercial Lines
- CAIB designation or working towards same is considered an asset
- Experience with TAM, Compu-Quote or Policy Works software an asset
- Consistently showcasing a positive attitude
- Team player
- A desire to learn and keep up to date
- Proactive problem solving
This job description is written at a specific time and is subject to change as the demands of the business develop. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.