Our client is one of the biggest insurance carriers in the country and is looking for a Surety Underwriter. They are looking for a collaborative professional who is a team player and has good technical knowledge.
What you will be doing:
- This position is responsible for the maintaining, practicing and implementation of the Contract Surety policies, guidelines, procedures, and operating process’ for the geographical area of responsibility including assigned contracting accounts and accredited Brokers of higher complexity and reliance than the Contract Surety Underwriter. The position is further responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the Surety Contract business through the adherence to Surety and Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Promotion of the short-term Strategic plans through the implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the Strategic and Marketing plan to targeted and existing brokers, contractors, and contracting accounts. Further to enhance current surety relationships with key brokers and contractors.
- Promote and provide where possible high levels of service to both internal and external customers as per the Surety Service Plan.
- Participate and contribute to a cohesive and functional group environment. Assist where needed and required through policy, procedure, guideline, process interpretation, underwriting support, and external business-related issues to junior and other senior members of the department.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 1 year of contract underwriting experience preferred
- University Related Degree, preferably commerce, economics, and or business co-op degree related educational background.
- Ability to interact with both internal and external customers through written and oral skills, have a marketing and analytical ability.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the issues and approaches to contract surety underwriting and business approaches, have a high degree of negotiating and presentation skills.
- Provide technical and business-related assistance to other members of the department with emphasis on mentoring support to more junior members of the Surety Department.
- Thorough knowledge of the issues and approaches to the surety industry and underwriting matters, knowledge of the accounting cycle, basic knowledge of construction-related terms and processes’, understanding of the insurance model and possess marketing, negotiating, and analytical abilities.
- Enhanced level of analytical review and situation resolution with “win-win” required outcomes through the collaborations of different parties.
- The individual has a substantial role in the interpreting of information submitted for underwriting and business decisions, with no direct impact in setting the strategic direction of the department.
If this is you, then please don’t hesitate to reach out!
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms, and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well-positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please email your resume in confidence to Bea Dizon at email@example.com or at 778-383-9790 ext. 102. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them for more information about this position.