Title: Technical Assistant – Property
Location: Downtown Toronto (Currently work from home)
- Act as a Technical Assistant in supporting the workflow of a developing Commercial Property practice, with limited support for other lines where there are compatible needs.
- Enter new business, and process endorsements and renewals within the time standard set out by the team.
- Prepare submissions for entry into the insurance system for rating purposes, following up for missing information and generally ensuring consistency of information.
- Support adherence to our underwriting contracts through managing reports and internal controls.
- Manage the renewal process of a Commercial Property book of business, communicating with brokers to facilitate a smooth renewal process before relaying to Underwriters for binding decisions.
- Assist with Lloyd's Lineage entries as required.
- Work as a team member, balancing scarce resources with our customer service targets.
- Manage invoicing and billing processes with contribution to the team effort.
- Manage endorsements, certificates, inspections, and other work items tangential to the placement of the core policy.
- Active voice in the effort of process improvement and drive to efficiency.
- Make recommendations to product line and business unit management on process improvement, product development and marketing objectives and participate in their fulfillment
- Act as a resource within the broader technical assistant team assuring consistent achievement of team objectives.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in insurance industry or equivalent.
- Pursuing CIP courses (preferred).
- Pursuing RIBO designation (preferred).
- Excellent organizational abilities and aptitude for figures.
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
Compensation: Competitive Salary, benefits, bonus and excellent company culture
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.