HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International continues to grow and we are looking for a Benefits Analyst to provide effective support to assigned Account Managers in the Employee Benefits and Retirement Practice in our Ottawa HUB International Office and reporting to the Vice President, Client Success, Employee Benefits & Retirement. This role has the flexibility to be based out of our downtown Toronto Office as well.
This role involves full life cycle review and analysis of employee benefit plans. This is a fast-paced role and involves strong teamwork and service excellence. Benefits in being in this position include working for a top Brokerage Firm recognized as an Industry Leader.
- Partnering with assigned Account Managers and Producers to service and retain the existing employee benefits book of business by ensuring that all documentation is accurate and processed in a timely fashion;
- Reviewing, processing and preparing client reports for new business, renewals, updates and marketing in accordance with applicable reporting schedules and reporting templates;
- Conducting marketing; including preparing and submitting specifications to underwriters,
answering underwriter questions, reviewing or providing analysis and recommendations on
marketing responses, and preparing marketing report
- Preparing quarterly experience reports including projections for renewals
- Maintaining and updating client files, including recording and completing activities in our broker management system;
- Supporting customers in person or via telephone to assess and fulfil their employee benefits requirements
- Troubleshooting client complaints, responding to inquiries, assisting complex claims and providing direction and administration of client’s benefits plans
- Assisting in administration of cross/upselling of HUB’s benefits products to existing clients; preparing new business quotes and provide to producer for presentation;
- Conducting account file audits to ensure all required documentation is properly stored and accessible
- Coordinating with insurance carriers as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education or commensurate work experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ in the group insurance industry, with underwriting background preferred
- Knowledge of group benefits financial underwriting requirements for all types of employee benefits plans
- LLQP or willing to obtain
- Knowledge of the Canadian benefits industry
Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Experience with MS Access or other databases an asset
- Experience with broker management systems i.e. Epic an asset
- Strong time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Ability to exercise initiative and follow up skills
- Some client travel may be required
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
PLease apply to the role using the link below: