Title: Claims Specialist / Manager
Location: Downtown Toronto (Currently work from home)
- Act as senior leader in managing the claims workflow with designated responsibility for key projects.
- Advanced level communicator to the Underwriting team to support quality Underwriting decisions on a portfolio, class, and individual risk basis.
- Manage and reconcile claims data and act as an external voice to our markets in the management of same.
- Involved in system development as a subject matter expert in respect of claims.
- Work interactively as a team member, balancing scarce resources with our support targets.
- Work with junior claims and support staff to ensure effective communication of claims data in support of renewals.
- Support the claims team from a management perspective, supporting renewal workflow and claims data quality and reconciliation.
- Lead contact for market claims participants on in-house pools.
- Lead contact for Lloyd’s placement claims.
- Leadership role in audit and compliance functions as relates to claims.
- Lead role in managing unique claim service arrangements (dedicated tpa’s, etc.).
- Participate in managing portfolio claims agreements.
- Supports business strategies to effectively achieve profit and growth objectives through sound underwriting responsible marketing and empowered, informed decision-making.
- Support strategic projects designed to expand relevance and footprint in the marketplace and drive revenue growth.
- Act as a resource for other members of the operations team to foster development and develop capacity.
- Communicator and point of contact across offices and divisions to ensure inclusive messaging, solicitation of input, and maximization of collective effort in pursuit of the goals of efficiency and service excellence.
- 5+ Years of Commercial Lines Claims Experience
- Pursuing CIP courses (preferred).
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
Compensation: Competitive Salary, benefits, bonus and excellent company culture
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.