Our client is well-known in the industry, and they want you to be one of their Senior Underwriters in their CGL team.
What you will be doing:
- Review & apply pricing, terms & conditions to new & renewal business.
- Maintaining & growing existing book of business.
- Establish & maintain relationships with retail producing brokers. Maintain and grow existing relationships with key retail producing brokers. Encourage & maintain additional submission flow from producing brokers.
- Provide high level commentary & market intelligence to the management team.
- Develop out new broker relationships, including broker visits & discussions
- Attendance at broker meetings, conventions & functions
- Participation in discussions with markets & add commentary on specific programs
- Discussion & ideas on new product development & learning on other areas of niche underwriting
- Collect & propagate market intelligence
- Act as a leader in the organization, mentoring younger people in the UW team, including sign off where applicable
What we are looking for:
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills to complete assignments efficiently and within structured timelines
- An eye for detail to handle new business quotations with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Positive, driven, and disciplined attitude
- Self-motivated to meet competitive individual and team-related targets
- Strong independent work ethic
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment
- Strong written language, and professional communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong negotiation skills
- An ability to develop long term strong relationships with brokers
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Level 1 General Insurance license (or the ability to obtain within a certain time frame)
- CAIB, CIP, CRM, FCIP or working towards a finalizing a designation is preferred
- High school diploma
If this is you, then please don’t hesitate to reach out!
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms, and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well-positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please email your resume in confidence to Bea Dizon at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 778-383-9790 ext. 102. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them for more information about this position.