Senior Accountant - Capital Investments
Based downtown Toronto
Our client is currently looking for a senior accountant with Investment Reporting experience.
CFA or CPA designation is a Must
- Keep the book of records of the company’s investment portfolio.
- Prepare weekly/monthly bank reconciliations of investment accounts.
- Review investment records prepared by bank and liaison with contacts to improve the accuracy and completeness of reports.
- Prepare and post monthly investment journal entries.
- Create and update ad hoc and regular reports to monitor investment activities/returns/asset growth, to manager and executives.
- Manage sections in chart of accounts related to investment in accounting system.
- Prepare investment related sections in financial statements and notes.
- Assist in analyzing impact of different alternatives and recommending options for IFRS 9 implementations.
- Assist in development of annual plan and quarterly budget for balance of investment assets and investment income.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly investment reporting package to the Board and Investment Committee.
- Work closely with Director of Capital and Investments and external investment managers, provide analysis to facilitate communication and decision-making on maximizing return on investment portfolio while minimizing risks.
- Prepare quarterly regulatory MICAT return to OSFI.
- Participate in reviewing the content and impact of OSFIs proposed changes of regulatory capital framework and work closely with Director of Capital and Investments to analyze, document, and communicate views and recommendations to the regulator.
- Participate in analyzing capital implications of tactical and strategic business options.
- Assist in the implementation of changes with regulatory capital reporting.
Assist in developing and implementing internal control policies and procedures as needed.
Provide information and clarification on regulatory capital and investments during internal and external audits.
Maintain current knowledge of all regulatory capital standards and financial reporting standards related to investments.
Perform other duties and assist with special projects, as required.
Education (include required designations):
CPA designation (or equivalent).
Current accreditation or working towards CFA designation
Experience specific skills
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience, preferably in insurance/mortgage industry.
- Regulatory capital and/or investment reporting experience in financial services, preferably in insurance/mortgage industry.
- Working knowledge of IFRS 9,
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of MS Access and SAS an asset.
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate complex information and ideas both verbally and in writing in a succinct, organized manner, and communicate well at all levels.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable to company guidelines and policies and OSFI regulations as well as financial reporting standards.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate accountability.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and regularly meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate support for change.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.