Title: Sr. Business Analyst, Life Reinsurance
Location: Downtown Toronto (Working from home with continued Flexibility post covid)
- Help drive innovation, enabling new underwriting paradigms, distribution models, and data management
- Support the design and development of consumer-facing risk assessment products
- Develop and drive integration of business rules logic into internal decision engines/systems
- Clarify and communicate business needs, contribute to the definition and design of data-driven solutions, and ensure the alignment of business solutions and business needs
- Facilitate communication between clients and internal teams to understand complex business processes and gather, clarify, and validate requirements.
- Anticipate, quantify, and resolve issues with requirements
- Gather all key facts to propose solutions to solve complex business needs using data and technology.
- Participate throughout the software development lifecycle from initiation through testing and implementation
- Produce dashboards to track and present key business insights to clients and internal audiences
- Publish, distribute, and facilitate sign-off of requirements and specifications; manage changes to the baseline
- Produce both internal and client-facing documentation including process and data flows
- Perform data mapping and gap analysis between client datasets and the company data model
- Maintain communication with Compliance managers, document associated needs and escalate issues
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of client-facing solutions by facilitating and participating in testing
- Collaborate with Risk Specialists to develop and drive integration of business rules logic into internal decision engines/systems
- Collaborate with Data Scientists on the intersection of automated rules and machine learning models
- Provide input on the corporate data model and strategy as it pertains to risk assessment
- Maintain a professional relationship with various business units and global contacts both internally and externally
- 5-10 years experience as a Business Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in Life Insurance (Direct Carrier or Reinsurance) highly desirable
- Ability to express complex ideas clearly and facilitate communication between clients and internal teams
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle
- High level of commercial awareness around digitization, underwriting rules and decision engines
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including presentations
- Experience producing technology project artifacts including but not limited to: use cases, requirements documents, functional specifications, data mapping and process flows.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (e.g., Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Experience with writing SQL queries and familiarity with Power Bi is a strong asset
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience with software engineering best practices
- Agility to work across multiple internal teams and multiple assignments in a dynamic environment
- A drive to make a difference
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.