HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International in Toronto, Ontario is currently looking for an independent Account Assistant to support the account workflow for our Commercial Dealership and Leasing Practice. This is an ideal role for an organized, customer focused individual with strong administrative support experience and ability to work in a team environment. This is a great career opportunity for a new graduate or someone in personal lines looking for career growth.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Executing insurance certificates, binders, proposals, and processing of client documents i.e. endorsements and policies
- Updating rate/premium histories and premium comparisons; calculation of PST, Invoicing, processing of journal entries, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Maintaining/updating Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal)
- Answering client queries and communicating with insurance companies
- Inputting data and setting up electronic client and prospect screens in EPIC
- Maintaining effective abeyance system
- Maintaining filing system and set up of client files
- Printing and distributing renewal list for Account Manager before renewal
- Accountable for accounts receivable reports
- Updating claims history on summaries
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to automate processes where applicable
- Providing assistance where required and perform all other duties as assigned by the Account team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education or commensurate work experience;
- RIBO License or in progress (within 3 months of employment)
- Prior administrative support experience desired i.e. data entry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (Intermediate to Advanced), and Outlook
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and in a team structure
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
To apply directly, please click on the link: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Toronto-ON/Commercial-Lines-Account-Assistant---Dealership---Leasing_R0010225