Opportunity to work with a growing InsureTech whose goal is to educate customers on having safer roads and homes. Looking for Senior Accident Benefits Adjusters to join this growing team.
Title: Manager, Accident Benefits
Location: Downtown Toronto / Work from home option
- Ensure the effective day to day operation of the unit by coordinating and enhancing workflow and operational procedures.
- Provide effective daily leadership, coaching and motivation of staff.
- Manage customer service standards by communicating effectively with all parties involved.
- Direct the accurate and efficient payment of claims in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Manage Disposition Programs (i.e. settlement conferences, mediation and internal committee file reviews).
- Develop relationships with other departments such as underwriting, actuarial, distribution in order to meet business goals and to identify/implement new and better strategies to handle current functions and operations.
- Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance to national standards and regulatory standards and policies.
- Work collaboratively with Managers and/or Directors on special projects and assignments requiring advanced technical skills and knowledge when required
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the property and casualty industry
- Minimum of 3-5 years of leadership experience
- Working knowledge of the company principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses, and coverage questions.
- Working knowledge of other functional areas (i.e. Claims, Risk Management, Premium Accounting, etc.)
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.