Job Title: Property Claims Adjuster
Location: Currently at home, will be hybrid in the future (Toronto/GTA)
- Investigate, evaluate, analyze, negotiate, and settle property claims
- Interpret policy conditions, legislation and confirm coverage for policy holders
- Conduct claim investigations, which include coordinating, consulting with contractors, vendors, and other parties, etc.
- Evaluate liability, salvage and subrogation exposure and potential
- Contact and coordinate all parties involved in all stages of the claims process
- Review and analyze losses to ensure file meets assignment and guideline criteria
- Respond to client complaints and appeals
- Determine proper kind of loss (KOL) reserves based on exposure and authority level
- Prepare files for subrogation, litigation, mediation and appraisal
- Examine claims files handled by Independent Adjusters
- Prepare and maintain various reports on property claims
- General support of claims area and special projects as required
- 2+ year insurance claims experience, preferably property claims experience
- Have obtained your Bachelor’s degree and is working towards a CIP designation
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven track records in exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Competitive salary, employee benefits, pension plan, annual bonus and more
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.