Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
The Commercial Financial Institutions Practice in Toronto is looking for a strong team player to support our large and complex commercial accounts. This role involves working closely with the Vice President on Canadian financial institutions. This requires someone with strong time management, exceptional attention to detail and effective support experience. This is a diverse role providing client service, market negotiations, team administration and office administration support. This is a great learning opportunity to work closely with the Vice President, Executive Liability and Financial Institutions with career growth opportunities.
Benefits for being in this position are excellent exposure to commercial lines and executive risk products while working for one of the top 5 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
- File Management
- Effective communication with clients
- Respond to third party information requests and /or request information from clients and underwriters
- Key contact for the PMAC (Portfolio Management Association of Canada)
- Day to day activities for clients and prospects
- Preparation of client renewal packages (certificates, summaries, etc.)
- Calculating provincial taxes, preparing premium finance quotes, etc.
- Timely issuance of submissions, binders, summaries, policies etc.
- Detailed policy proofing/ fact checking
- Invoicing / Account Receivables tracking and monthly budget reporting
- Managing abeyances and expiry dates /renewal cycle
- Forwarding submission to underwriters and following up for responses
- Answering basic client inquiries, communicating with insurance companies
- Input data into computerized database and generating benchmarking reports
- Provide assistance where required within team
- Searching for information on the internet
- File management to HUB standards (policy documents, summaries, correspondence, etc.)
- Effective management of abeyance system
- Expiration & producer reports, filing and distribution
- Assist in collection to HUB standards
- Negotiation and use of Finance Plans
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- RIBO Licensed or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Minimum 1-3 years of administrative support experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in investment or accounting i.e. financial statements, financial analysis
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn new risk and insurance products, including strong comprehension skills in reviewing contract/policy language
- Prior experience in Financial Institutions desired
- Experience in market negotiations on commercial policies an asset
- Strong time management, attention to detail and organized
- Strong ability to learn new systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience on Epic or similar insurance broker management systems (training will be provided)
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.