Senior Casualty Claims Representative
based in Mississauga
reputable national insurer
A property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on a family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience. Proud to help customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Success in transforming into a digital leader in the industry driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
What can you expect in this role?
- Reporting to the Team Leader, Casualty, and will be accountable for the investigation and settlement of senior level third party bodily injury and casualty claims. This includes Automobile, Homeowners, and Commercial third party claims.
- Investigating claims to determine liability and quantum
- Confirming policy coverage
- Maintaining detailed file records on an electronic claims system
- Attending/participating in mediations, pre-trials and settlement initiatives, as a representative of Economical Insurance
- Settle claims directly with the injured party and with plaintiff lawyers
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree, a college diploma or the CIP designation
- Minimum 3 years of claims handling experience in Bodily Injury/Casualty Litigation
- Notable Commercial General Liability Claims handling experience, both Bodily Injury and Property damage.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.