based downtown Toronto
Our client s the specialty lines insurer a branch office in Toronto Canada. The successful candidate would join the Financial Lines team reporting to the Head of Financial Lines Underwriting.
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our growing team as a Technology Professional Liability Underwriter.
The primary responsibility would be to underwrite and further develop a book of primary & excess Technology business with exposure to Cyber. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving abilities in addition to negotiation and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Developing and executing strategies to maximize sustainable growth and profitability for the Professional Liability portfolio in Canada
· Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal business in accordance with on our risk appetite and underwriting guidelines
· Individual risk underwriting of Technology E&O Professional Liability exposures including Miscellaneous Professionals
· Participate in the development of wordings and in setting the appetite for the Technology portfolio.
· Referral point for Professional liability risks from MGA / Delegated Authority partners
· Developing new and maintaining existing relationships with brokers
· Determining insurance needs to provide customized solutions
· Conducting client presentations
· Participate in team strategy and product development.
1. Minimum Experience requirement of 5 years underwriting Tech E&O. Experience with underwriting Cyber is an asset.
2. University degree, preferably in business or economics
3. CIP and / or CRM designation. RPLU would be an asset
4. Established relationships with brokers a wide section of brokers across Canada.
5. Candidate must posses an excellent reputation among peers, business partners and competitors.
6. Highly organized, strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.