Senior BI & Casualty (CGL) Claims Representative
Our client is seeking a senior BI & Casualty claims representative to join a growing team. This is a 100% remote role. You will be responsible for auto and commercial CGL claims.
You are based in Quebec or Atlantic Canada – I want to speak with you!
- Confirming policy coverage
- Maintaining detailed file records on an electronic claims system
- Attending/participating in mediation as a representative of the insurer
- Settle claims directly with the injured party and with plaintiff lawyers
- Investigate, analyze, evaluate, quantify, and report on complex auto and non-auto bodily injury and general liability claims.
- Review, analyze and interpret insurance policy wordings to determine coverage and liability positions in response to complicated and complex claim scenarios.
- Independently conduct thorough and detailed liability and damage assessment investigations and implement action plans, as needed, to appropriately develop, reserve, negotiate and settle claims.
- Ability to independently manage complex claims through the litigation process while effectively collaborating with other adjusters, experts, legal counsel, mediators, and court personnel.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree, a college diploma, or the CIP designation
- Minimum of 3 years of casualty claims handling experience
- Licensed in all applicable Atlantic provinces
- Professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Company shares ownership program.
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles (depending on location).
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions.
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations.
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams.
- Wellness and recognition programs.
- Discounts on products and services.
Interested in this role? Contact me at 514-587-2508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms, and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well-positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.