The Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC) is a trusted healthcare safety advisor, committed to offering a full spectrum of insurance, risk and claims management products and support.
HIROC knows healthcare as it’s the largest not-for-profit healthcare liability insurer in the country, with over 700+ healthcare organizations part of the Reciprocal. Combined with sage counsel and risk management solutions, HIROC works with its partners to increase safety.
As a Reciprocal, HIROC is governed by its Subscribers and remains an innovative, agile and proactive partner. Since its inception in 1987, the not-for-profit has returned over $200 million to the healthcare system. HIROC’s thirty-plus years of data is combined with its extensive experience to advise and share learnings, all with the goal of scaling knowledge and increasing safety across Canada’s healthcare system.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-motivated, service focused individual to join our claims team as a Claims Examiner. This position will work closely with subscribing members, outside adjusters and lawyers for timely resolution of property and liability claims. Providing excellent customer service to subscribers, vendors and internal partners is necessary. Experience examining moderate to large loss property claims is required.
Who are we looking for?
Customer service and collaboration are your passions. You have a keen interest in healthcare, health law, and are open to new and exciting challenges. You are well organized and work well both in a team and individually.. You are comfortable presenting material to subscribers and internal partners. You have excellent negotiation and investigation skills and are able to travel within Canada to attend mediations, settlement conferences and pre-trials. .
- Minimum of 8 years claims experience handling property claims, and some experience handling liability claims
- Obtained, working towards, or willing to work towards CIP and/or FCIP
- High regard for quality, attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools with particular emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license and access to a vehicle
What is in it for you?
- Hybrid working environment with a mix of 2-3 days per week in office and remote
- Starting at 3 weeks paid vacation
- A comprehensive total rewards package (including exceptional benefits and a bonus program)
- Enrollment in HOOPP’s DB pension plan
- Free office parking or transit reimbursement
- Joining a company who is Partnering to Create the Safest Healthcare System
To view the full posting, please visit https://www.hiroc.com/careers/claims-examiner-2