Working with one of Canada’s largest insurance companies looking for a Large Loss Claims Examiner. The successful candidate will work on both large commercial and personal lines property claims, and responsible for claims oversight from independent adjusters. This is a National Role working from a home office with minimal travel required.
Title: Large Loss Property Claims Examiner
Location: Remote role (Ontario, BC or AB)
- Resource field work to be completed by IA by setting clear expectations and timelines and managing the file through to completion.
- Arrange market calls or work with various insurers on subscription claims.
- Manage litigation files including collaborating with counsel and experts in handling of first party litigation matters. This includes maintaining a line of sight over bad faith claims.
- Prepare and be able to present a complete file strategy, coverage analysis, disposition and business case with close support required from the technical coach on each of their files.
- Investigate claims by reviewing the IA reports and specialists in order to acquire facts and information to analyzing the loss.
- Review and compile facts, policies, technical reports, analyze estimates, value of claim, and settle claims.
- Communicate claim adjustments via written reports to all parties.
- This will be based on the policy wording and circumstances surrounding the loss to resolve the claim.
- Provide outstanding service to our claimants and keep related parties advised of the claim status.
- Responsible for data accuracy and issuing payments to vendors, insureds, and specialists.
- Ensure all correspondence is completed in a timely and effective manner including the creation of Critical Path Letters, Proof of Losses, and Reservation of Rights letters etc.
- Responsible for recognizing questionable claims, subrogation, and risk opportunities.
- Review case law to decide
- Detailed knowledge of the property claims insurance industry
- At least 5+ years of commercial and residential property claims Examiner
- Strong construction knowledge
- Experience in directly handling complex residential and commercial losses in excess of $100,000
- Strong digital literacy
- Strong solid understanding of property insurance case law
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of property coverage wordings
- Some basic accounting skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Licensing in NB, PEI & NFLD (asset)
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus up to 10%, benefits pension plan, share plan…
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.