Our Accident Benefits team is looking for an experienced Adjuster to join the team. In this role, you will investigate, evaluate, and settle moderate to high severity Accident Benefits claims. Our Senior Advisors are responsible for maintaining accurate and timely reserves, preparing large files for presentation to our claims leadership team when setting and amending reserves, and provide direction to legal counsel on litigated claims. There is also the opportunity to provide coaching and mentorship to junior team members to develop their skills and support their advancement within the unit.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that sets a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What will you do?
· Investigate, evaluate, and settle moderate to high severity Accident Benefits claims
· Provide direction to legal counsel until resolution
· Proactively manage your desk by adhering to deadlines, keeping clear notes, and maintaining timely and accurate reserves
· Prepare large files for discussion and review with our claims leadership team when setting and amending reserves
What will you need to succeed?
· Minimum 3 to 5 years of Accident Benefits claims adjusting experience in the P&C insurance industry is required
· CIP/FCIP designation or working towards designation is preferred
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
· Excellent customer service, analytical and negotiation skills
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.