Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International’s Personal Insurance department in our Oakville office continues to grow and we are currently looking for a strong, hands-on Manager responsible for leading the Personal Insurance Group team of Account Managers and Associates. This is an ideal role for someone who brings a strong Personal Insurance Broker background, customer focused approach and people leadership experience.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB, you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Manages the operational workflow of the Group Service Team
- Maintains knowledge of relevant laws regarding insurance and changes in the local insurance marketplace
- Works closely to build trusted relations with our insurers and focuses on strategy and direction as provided by Senior Leadership
- Responsible for driving collaboration and cross selling activity amongst various lines of business
- Hosts frequent team meetings to provide updates on monthly goals and changes to insurance industry
- Ensures that all department timeline guidelines are met
- Manages team’s performance, annual review cycle and hold employees accountable towards annual goals and job metrics; Develop and monitor development plans through progressive discipline process up to and including termination, as required
- Provides training, ongoing coaching and guidelines for each of the department processes
- Manages and ensures proper staffing for team to maintain service standards and commitments are met; partners with Human Resources team to drive new hire recruitment process
- Manages team’s compensation
- The ‘go-to’ leader for the front-line Brokers with the ability to handle multi-tasking, answers questions and inquiries promptly and consistently in a friendly warm manner
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma/University Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years Leadership/Managerial experience in leading people
- Minimum 5+ years of personal lines broker experience or equivalent
- RIBO Licensed or willing to obtain
- CIP / CAIB an asset
- Personal service & call rotation background an asset
- Ability to handle VIP Brokers and clientele offering white glove service
- Previous Insurance Brokerage experience an asset
- Experience with Personal Lines multiple markets and various company portals
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving skills and customer focused
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Epic broker management system experience an asset or other systems
- People management experience: onboarding, training, performance management and staffing
- Valid Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle for required travel
Entrepreneurship- encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base.
Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
Please apply to the role using the link below: