Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International continues to grow and we are looking for a strong Commercial Lines Account Associate to support a busy Commercial Practice with an existing book of business. This is a great opportunity to work with an experienced and dedicated team of HUB professionals. Your focus will be on the retention through superior servicing of these accounts. We are looking for someone with strong commercial account support and customer service experience. This role reports directly to the Assistant Vice President.
This opportunity provides great exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry. By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
The Commercial Lines Account Associate role is ideal for someone who is highly organized, and detail oriented with strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines. We are looking for a strong team player who can work in a fast-paced environment and a quick learner. The primary responsibilities include:
- Providing internal and external clients with prompt, courteous and professional service including handling coverage inquiries and processing client requests
- Timely preparation of documents such as: letters, certificates, confirmation of insurance, client renewal packages, policies, submissions, proposals, binders, and summaries
- Updating rate/premium histories and premium comparisons; calculation of PST, Invoicing, processing of journal entries, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Accurately process endorsements, invoicing of transactions and generating reports on our online program system
- Reviews policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Calculating adjustments and premiums on policies and other insurance documents
- Assisting in collection of Accounts Receivables while adhering to HUB International’s file management standards
- Analyzes client coverages, exposures, and loss experiences to determine risk requirements
- Marketing of select lines of coverage that do not fit program mandate
- Increasing knowledge of related insurance products
- Participating in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- RIBO Licensed
- Minimum 5 years of commercial insurance account experience
- Experience working in a fast paced and high-volume environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Outlook with advanced Excel skills
- Experience in EPIC or similar insurance brokerage management system an asset
- Strong time and client management skills, attention to detail, follow up and analytical skills
- Proactive and customer focused business approach
- Cantonese or Mandarin Language Skills an asset (verbal)
- Ability to work collaboratively as a strong team member and independently
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
PLease apply to the role using the link below: