HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International is currently looking for an experienced Account Assistant to support the busy account workflow for 2 Commercial Practices focused on wide variety of commercial accounts in either our HUB Toronto or Markham office. This is an ideal role for an Insurance Broker with strong administrative support experience, strong attention to detail and eager to learn all lines of risks. Benefits of this position include working on a book of business in a supportive team and management environment in which knowledge is shared and development encouraged! This role reports to the Managing Director, Professional Liability.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging wok environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
An ideal candidate for this position will be someone who prides themselves on their top notch client service. This role will be ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills, sense of urgency, and the ability to meet often tight deadlines.
This role provides support to two commercial account teams. The primary responsibilities include:
- Execution of insurance certificates, leasing confirmations, auto liability slips, binders, statement of values, proposals, and processing of client documents (endorsements and policies) within timelines aligned with established service standards
- Maintaining effective abeyance system aligned with established service standards
- Setting up clients and prospects into Epic brokerage management system
- Loading Policy and Underwriting Information into Epic
- Updating rate/premium histories and premium comparisons; calculation of PST, Invoicing, processing of journal entries, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Maintain/Update Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal)
- Managing client correspondence
- Answering client queries, communicating with insurance companies
- Assist clients with Certificate Exchange
- Input claims in broker management system
- Update claims history on summaries
- Provide assistance where required and perform all other duties as assigned by Account Manager and Account Associate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education or commensurate work experience;
- RIBO Licensed
- 1-2 years of commercial insurance account experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience on Epic or similar insurance broker management systems an asset
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong team player
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Click on the link to apply directly: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Toronto-ON/Commercial-Lines-Account-Assistant_R0013044