HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International I Fenn & Fenn Insurance Practice in Newmarket is currently looking for a Commercial Lines Account Assistant to support the busy account workflow for our Construction Practice. This is an ideal role for someone with strong attention to detail, team and client oriented. Benefits of this position include working on a book of business in a supportive team and management environment in which knowledge is shared and development encouraged! We offer a hybrid work structure (home and office). This role will be reporting to the Senior Vice President.
Choose a career with HUB International I Fenn & Fenn Insurance Practice and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
An ideal candidate for this position will be someone who prides themselves on their top-notch client service. This role will be ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills, sense of urgency, and the ability to meet often tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be able to think on their feet and come up with creative solutions to coverage problems and have a strong client service focus.
This role provides support to the account team. The primary responsibilities include:
- Execution of insurance certificates, auto liability slips, binders, statement of values, proposals, and processing of client documents (endorsements and policies)
- Updating rate/premium histories and premium comparisons; calculation of PST, Invoicing, processing of journal entries, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Maintain/Update Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal)
- Answering client queries, communicating with insurance companies
- Inputting data into computerized database and setting up electronic client and prospect screens in
- Maintaining effective abeyance system
- Maintaining filing system and set up of client files
- Print and distribute renewal list to Account Manager and Account Associate at least 90 days before renewal
- Print and distribute accounts receivable reports
- Assist clients with online certificate system
- Update claims history on summaries
- Provide assistance where required and perform all other duties as assigned by Account Manager and Account Associate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education or commensurate work experience;
- RIBO Licensed or willing to obtain within 3-6 months of employment
- 1-2 years of administrative support experience desired
- Knowledge or experience in the construction industry an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Strong aptitude to learn
- Experience on TAM or similar insurance broker management systems.
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong team player
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
Click on the link to apply directly: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Newmarket-ON/Commercial-Lines-Account-Assistant--Construction_R0013064