Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Number of Positions: 25
Location: Kelowna, Victoria, Richmond and Prince George, British Columbia
Deadline date: May 27, 2022
Are you interested in taking the next step in your career path in adjudication? We have exciting opportunities for the new senior adjudicator role.
You'll work in a client-centric environment to support and educate clients and address questions regarding claims processes. You will be responsible for claim eligibility decisions and subsequent benefits such as wage loss benefits and health care payments. You'll play a pivotal role in providing exemplary customer service by establishing compassionate and professional working relationships with injured workers and their employers.
If you want to take your experience making complex adjudicative decisions to the next level, we want to hear from you.
We have 25 senior adjudicator positions available in our Kelowna, Victoria, Richmond and Prince George offices.
Please note, this is a hybrid position, and our current model has Sr. Adjudicators coming into the office quarterly along with for Ad Hoc mandatory meetings as required. This could change at any time based on business and operational needs.
As a senior adjudicator you will :
- Manage an adjudicative caseload with a variety of complex claims including occupational diseases, activity-related soft tissue disorders (ASTD), aggravations of pre-existing diseases, secondary entitlements, sensitive claims, appellate returns, mental health claims, and involving a combination of mental health and physical injury claims
- Ensure that adjudication is fair and impartial, and that recovery and return to work facilitates trusting relationships with claims managers who care about the clients' wellbeing, laying a foundation of trust
- Provide exemplary, compassionate service to all clients, including clients who are psychologically fragile
- Maintain a current and comprehensive knowledge of claims adjudication best practices, procedures, and processes and routinely provide training, coaching, and mentoring to team members
- Communicate frequently with clients who may be psychologically fragile
- Determine claim eligibility, disability status, and benefit entitlement
- Conduct regular independent investigations for complex adjudication
- Liaise with external providers to collect and analyze comprehensive assessment reports
We're looking for people who can:
- Manage a demanding workload under time pressure and be accountable for prioritizing and organizing a variety of work on an assigned caseload to meet performance objectives
- Communicate compassionately, clearly, and concisely to various stakeholders
- Make decisions using sound judgement where specific formal guidelines and policies may not exist
- Remain resilient, calm, compassionate, and professional in supporting potentially fragile and/or suicidal individuals in stressful, sensitive, and emotionally challenging situations
- Manage and resolve conflict and diffuse hostility with an ability to provide exemplary and responsive service
- Establish, foster, and maintain professional, empathetic, supportive, and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders
Your experience and educational background :
- An undergraduate (bachelor's) degree
- A minimum of three years of experience making complex adjudicative decisions or applying law and/or policy to make complex determinations in the last 10 years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive starting salary of $74,052 with annual progressions going up to $93,444, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
Learn more about what we offer.
If you're the successful applicant, we'll be making a conditional offer contingent upon you clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you'll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we'll confirm your offer of employment.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/626c60ddf2aae62948e4cc5f/587d2063ecef86053fdd9e4c/en