Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
The Professional Liability Practice in Markham is looking for a strong team player to support our professional lines commercial accounts based in the HUB Markham or Toronto office (hybrid structured offered). This role involves working closely with the Managing Director and potentially participating in client meetings. This requires someone with strong administration and commercial property and casualty skills. This is a diverse role providing client service and market negotiations. This is a great opportunity to work in a niche area of commercial insurance and be mentored by an experienced leader with over 20 years at HUB!
Benefits for being in this position are: excellent exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
- File Management (soft and hard file set up)
- Effective communication with clients
- Respond to third party information requests
- Day to day activities for clients and prospects
- Preparation of client renewal packages (certificates, summaries, etc.)
- Calculating provincial taxes, preparing premium finance quotes, etc.
- Preparation of market submissions
- Forwarding submission to underwriters and following up for responses
- Timely issuance of binders, summaries, policies etc.
- Detailed policy proofing/ fact checking
- Invoicing / Account Receivables tracking
- Managing abeyances and expiry dates
- Answering basic client inquiries, communicating with insurance companies
- Input data into computerized database
- Provide assistance where required within team
- Searching for information on the internet
- File management to HUB standards (policy documents, summaries, correspondence, etc.)
- Preparing files for storage
- Effective management of abeyance system
- Expiration & producer reports, filing and distribution
- Assist in accounts receivables collection to HUB standards
- Negotiation and use of Finance Plans
- Minimize DSO to HUB standards
- Client meeting preparation and participation
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent work experience
- RIBO Licensed
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial insurance experience
- Professional lines and E&O experience an asset
- Experience in market negotiations on commercial policies
- Strong aptitude to learn new risks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience on Epic or similar insurance management systems
- Strong client management skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
Please apply online: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Markham-ON/Commercial-Lines-Account-Associate--Professional-Liability_R0013543